This gorgeous beaded gown belonged to Pony Sherrell. She was mostly known for her singing career - in New York, Hollywood and Las Vegas. She also was a songwriter with 2 movies that she co-wrote music and lyrics for: "So this is Paris" and "The Second Greatest Sex". Her first husband was famous singer/songwriter Gene Austen, who wrote "My Blue Heaven". Her second husband was millionaire financier Jess Metcalf, one of the first investors in Hilton Hotels.
In the last photo she is on the far right (in the dress!). Photo taken at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, Beverly Hills c.1963. The dress was purchased and custom made at the hotel shop.
- 1950s Full length beaded gown
- Fully lined & custom made
- Deep Pleating near the front of the skirt
- Was inherited by a Hollywood starlet, which was used in many of her performances & gigs.
- materials: Silk & Hand beaded materials.
- Side metal zipper available on left of dress
- Authentic great vintage condition
|Pony Sherrell (far right, in dress) Beverly Wilshire Hotel, Beverly Hills c.1963.|
This Beautiful gown has been also used in our fashion shows and everyone who's seen it, becomes a fan of the detailed beaded and beauty of it. If you are interested in this gown, we have it listed on EBay available for sale. You can find the link below.
UPDATE: THIS GOWN HAS SOLD ALREADY